Job ID: ATYI-PC-510425
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week for 24 weeks (or 840 hours)
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet all eligibility criteria!
As per Industry Canada’s Career Focus Stream, youth must:
- Be between the age of 15 to 30, a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident and legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a student currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution, such as colleges, universities, schools of technology; OR a youth who has completed at least one university/post secondary course;
- Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) Benefits
- Assist with recruitment and hiring of youth interns across the province;
- Provide training and supervision of interns both onsite and via online tools;
- Link with community partners and resources to develop awareness and education around Adaptive Technology;
- Develop and deliver presentations to community groups in order to promote accessibility of technology and electronic communication;
- Maintain open communication with youth interns to provide support and ensure work is done properly and on time; and
- Fulfill data collection and reporting requirements as outlined in the funding agreement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of Independent Living principles;
- experience with team leadership and strong supervisory skills;
- knowledge of various types of adaptive technology;
- a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as email and internet;
- excellent communication, time management and organizational skills; and
- experience with Corel Draw an asset.
Please forward resumes in electronic format only to:
AT Youth Internship
4 Escasoni Place
St. John’s, NL
The ILRC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
Please visit the ILRC’s website for more details about our organization: www.ilrc-nl.ca
We would like to thank Industry Canada for their financial contribution to this initiative.