Canada is lacing up their sneakers again for Hip Hip Hooray!, the signature fundraising event of the Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation. The campaign is being re-launched coast-to-coast on September 26 to 30, 2012.
We need your help! All skill and experience levels are welcome. We need volunteers that are willing to promote the event by helping us with one or more of the following tasks:
- Asking for Sponsorship: Phone potential sponsors or visit local businesses asking for sponsorship of the event. Will provide a list of potential sponsors, as well as training.
- Asking for Publicity: Phone or drop by local community centers (list provided) to ask to be included in their newsletter or participate in other promotional opportunities.
- Distributing Promotional Material: Hang Hip Hip Hooray! posters around your community.
- Guest Blog: Take a long walk in your community with a pedometer (provided) and take photos of your journey. Write a small story, and we’ll post it to our blog.
- Head up a walking group: Lead a Hip Hip Hooray! walking group in your community.
Getting involved is easy – please email email@example.com or call 1-800-461-3639 ext. 2 for details on volunteering. Proceeds from the event will go directly to helping the tens of thousands of Canadians who suffer from orthopaedic issues, such as arthritis and osteoporosis, through the production and distribution of educational materials and resources. Funds will also be used to expand local services of the Ortho Connect Peer Support Program.
Make a difference and volunteer for bone and joint health today.
Visit http://www.hiphiphooray.org for more details about the event