Students Offering Support (SOS) is coming to Memorial University for the '12-'13 school year and we are on the hunt for the best student leaders to run the organization. As the chapter president, you will be the driving force behind your local and global impact:
- Raise Marks: We help student locally by running 3-hour group review sessions ?Exam-AIDs? for various university courses, helping first year students prepare for exams, right when they need it!
- Raise Money: From your Exam-AIDs, by charging a $20 donation to attend a session, you have the opportunity to raise as much as $100,000 in 1 year for a development project in rural Latin America.
- Raise Roofs: With the funds raised throughout the year, your team will work with one of our NGO partners to devise, coordinate, and actually build the chosen project on a two-week volunteer outreach trip at the end of each year!
Students Offering Support is one of the largest University student groups in Canada, with chapters on 26 Universities. With more than 1600 active volunteers who taught 20,000 students this year, SOS raised $300,000 for 30 development projects built by volunteers this summer!
Want to hone your leadership skills? Interested in having a huge impact on yourself and those around you? Apply today to be on the chapter president of Memorial SOS for the 2012-2013 school year.
Your position’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Run course specific marketing initiatives and promotions.
- Coordinate sessions, event logistics, financial reporting, and feedback tracking.
- Support tutors in whatever manner necessary and attend the actual Exam Review session.
- Attending the actual review sessions 30-40 minutes prior to starting, to ensure all preparation activities and tasks are completed
- Introducing SOS and tutor(s) to students in review session
- Administering student feedback and debriefing course tutor, VPs, and Chapter President(s) on what was done successfully during your particular sessions and where improvements can be made
The Course Coordinator role is perfect for 1st or 2nd year students who are looking to gain entrepreneurial experience running a small business. They are responsible for running all aspects of a particular Exam Review Session and are accountable for its overall success. Don’t worry, Coordinators often work in pairs and there is always a team to help you out. Here’s what’s involved:
Can accept more than one student:Yes
Orientation and / or Training Provided:Yes
Wheelchair Accessible Site:Yes