The Community Youth Network is a non-profit organization for youth ages 12-18, not excluding those up to 29 years of age. The CYN Bay of Islands provides programs and services to youth on the North and South Shore of the Bay of Islands.
We are currently looking for one full time youth worker for the North Shore of the Bay of Islands. This position is a maternity leave position for one year at 30 hours per week.
The CYN Fieldworker will be responsible for providing programming to youth within the communities on the North Shore of the Bay of Islands. The CYN Fieldworker will advocate and support the involvement of youth and parents within the target areas. They will work directly with youth in facliliating programs and providing support and guidance, developing and maintaining partnerships with other community organizations. CYN Fieldworkers will be expected to maintain statistics of program usage and evaluations of program effectiveness, recruit and retain volunteers and other duties assigned by the CYN Executive Director.
- Degree or Diplomia in Social Sciences perferred but not mandatory
- Experience an Asset
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Act as a liaision between satellite sites and main centre in Corner Brook
- Must have Communication and Organizational skills
- Must be willing to work day, night and evenings.
- Must be willing to travel
Millbrook Mall Suite 211B